Now, I know that Fashion Week is well under way and there is going to be a tonne of trends that will come out of it but let’s be real, how many of those trends do you actually follow? I shop mainly on the high street and so those are the trends that I usually end up keeping up with. They’re easier to wear out and so much more accessible because let’s face it, most shops stock pretty much the same thing. This A/W there are 3 key trends that I’m already seeing and I can’t wait to introduce them into my wardrobe – Embroidery, Frills and Velvet.
I’ve had a browse around and picked out some of my favourites from these trends.
1. Smart casual tops with frilly bibs and shoulders are ridiculously trendy. It’s going to make dressing for the office so much easier and fun too. I first saw this sort of top on one of my favourite bloggers (Liv Purvis) and fell in love. This particular blouse is available from H&M and is only £19.99.
Teamed up with your favourite pair of jeans and minimal jewellery this is perfect for either day or night wear.
2. I know I keep saying it but in the past few years New Look have seriously upped their fashion game. They surprise me every year with how on trend their bags are and this year has been no different. I’ve seen this faux leather/thread embroidered bag in person and it is just as beautiful. At £15.99 it’s a serious style steal. People tend to think embroidered bags aren’t very versatile but honestly, whether you’re rocking leather, denim, shearling or even a wool coat, this bag will look amazing on you.
3. I love mixing trends and the bardot/cold shoulder trend was one of my absolute faves to sport on holiday this year. I’m kind of not ready to let go of it just yet and with the sun still shining, this frilly cold shoulder top in Khaki is perfect for the transitional season. Available from New Look in khaki and black for £15.99
4. Next up is this beautiful bag that had me all heart eyed as soon as I saw it. At £30 it’s really reasonable and no offence River Island but I’m so glad that it doesn’t have the RI branding all over it. Both velvet and thread work give it an amazing vintage look and the gold chain just finishes it off so well. It’s SO perfect for the upcoming season and definitely the first thing on my to buy list as soon as pay day comes around. P.S. it’s limited edition so you might want to get in there quick!
5. I know the bomber jacket was the jacket of 2016 but I didn’t purchase one. Don’t hate me but honestly the khaki ones reminded me of Billy off of Eastenders (lol). Still there had to be one that changed my mind and yes of course it had to be an embroidered one. I love this Topshop Velvet embroidered bomber. It makes the masculine bomber a little more feminine, which means I can definitely see myself in it.
6. Ok so clearly I’m a fan of embroidered velvet because these boots are something else that I’m lusting after. They remind me a lot of my tapestry boots which 4 years on, I’m still rocking. At £42 they’re a little bit pricier than I would like them to be but I haven’t seen anything like these elsewhere in stores.
So there you have it, my round up of all the things I want and will probably be purchasing at the end of the month.
What trends & pieces are you loving for the upcoming season?