Whoever said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day clearly never had brunch in London.
No matter your dietary requirements or how bad you are with timekeeping, brunch will always cater to you. It’s also super filling and (mostly!) very healthy, so what’s not to love?
I’ve done the very difficult job of rounding up my favourite vegetarian (which means it caters to halal diets too yay!) all day brunch places in London. They all offer something unique which I’ve highlighted below.
Of course, this list isn’t exhaustive and I’m sure that over the course of the next few months I’ll discover more hidden gems and update the list. For now though, here are my top 8 places to eat eggs whatever the time of day!
1. Forks and Green – This is one of my newer discoveries and I thoroughly recommend it. You can get a full english (vegetarian of course!) for just £8.49. It has a great chill vibe and would be great in summer as there are tables outside.
2. The Barge House – This is one of the ultimate brunch places for me. They’ve capitalised on such a simple idea and made it into a gourmet dish. The bread is freshly baked on site and they have something for everyone, even vegans! The Breakfast in Bread is however only served on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The venue is incredible as it is on the cusp of regents Canal. It’s amazing on sunny days.
3. Brother Marcus – This place serves an all day brunch with east mediterranean influences; expect to see hummus, sesame seeds and other exotic spices featuring on the menu. Unfortunately there isn’t much on offer for vegetarians but the one dish that they do offer is incredible. It’s called the Step-sister and all of the ingredients marry up so well that I can guarantee that you’ll be back for more!
4. Meghans – Sorry but Elan who? This place has it all. Instagrammability, great food and great customer service! Everything is cooked to perfection and it’s pretty obvious that they’ve put a lot of thought into their cafe(s). I love their vegetarian full english because they even give you everything including a small pot of shakshouka with it too. A must, for all brunch lovers.
5. The Breakfast Club – I’m not sure I need to give any other explanation really. The clue is in the name and they’re pretty on top of the breakfast/brunch game. TBC are VERY accommodating to vegetarians and their chill vibe makes it one of the best places to spend with your friends, bonding over breakfast.
6. Hash E8 – If you’re a fan of hash browns then you need to get yourself down to Hash E8. They serve a hash brown twist to all sorts of breakfast favourites and I have never seen more perfect poached eggs before. They do close at 4pm so get yourself down there early.
7. Daisy Green collection – The Daisy Green Collection pioneered informal Aussie-style cafe culture through opening up multiple restaurants across london. They have some of the most amazing locations but my favourite has to be Darcie May Green, which is a canal boat situated on the Grand Union Canal in Paddington. The all- day menu features the fresh and distinctive Antipodean-inspired food with my favourite being the Broccoli and corn fritters.
8. Burnt Toast Cafe – Nestled in the hustle and bustle of Brixton market is a hidden Gem going by the name of Burnt Toast Cafe. They’re a small, alfresco cafe which serves a mean veggie breakfast. My favourite thing about this place is that there are toasters dotted around the place and they give you the option to burn your own toast and top it with whatever you fancy. How cool is that?
Hey! Welcome to Damzel In This Dress. Got questions or queries? Or just want to get in touch? Email me directly – email@example.com