I’m on a spending ban she said, I won’t spend on any more makeup she said. Wow I think that was the shortest I’ve ever lasted with trying to save some money.
Earlier this month I had a bit of a beauty clear out and tried to get rid of anything that might be out of date. I like to mark using a Sharpie straight on to my products the date that I start using it so I know exactly when it expires. It’s a good habit to get into, especially as you get older and are more aware of what you’re putting on your skin.
But I digress, I’m sure you’re all wondering what I splashed out on this month so here goes.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear – Welcome back to my makeup bag ELDW. I have spent about 5 weeks going back and forth from Selfridges trying to get colour matched. For some reason all foundations seem to oxidise on me so by the time I get home it’s a completely different shade to when I first put it on. Usually I go for a darker shade because well nobody wants to look like you’re a pale zombie when you’re indian, but with the oxidisation I just seem to look dirty or red faced. In the end I got so frustrated I bought the shade ‘Warm Vanilla’. Here’s to hoping it’s the right one!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow – Another one that’s made a comeback for me is Dipbrow. Now that it’s so easily available to purchase in the UK (Yay for the ABH UK site) I’ve decided to go back to it. For a while I tried a number of alternatives including AMC Brow liner from Inglot but the ABH formula is second to none.
- PIXI Glow Tonic – Ok so this product is probably one of the most hyped up products in the beaty world at the moment. I’ve stayed away from it for so long because of the ingredients. From glancing at the components, in theory, they would counteract each other making the product just…pointless. Having said all that I’ve heard rave reviews and people saying it has changed the way their skin looks, with a more even skin tone so I’ve decided to give it a go for myself.
- Huda Beauty Mini ‘Brown’ edition – Having tried a few of the full sized liquid Matte’s from Huda Beauty, I love the idea of being able to try out colours with a smaller trial size version. I’m still loving the brown 90’s look so I opted for the brown edition. Review and swatches coming soon!
- Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water – So far out of all the micellar water products I’ve tried, Garnier has been my favourite. It’s not too harsh or oily and leaves no residue. With more and more products being released that are long lasting and virtually impossible to remove I thought I’d try an oil infused cleanser to see if it was just as good (or better) at removing makeup. Spoiler alert – I’m liking it very much so far!
- MAC Pro longwear concealer – After having trouble with finding my correct shade for the past two years and using the wrong shade for about a year because I wasn’t sure whether I could return it after i’d opened it, I’ve finally finished using the wrong shade. Hooray! This time I walked into MAC well prepared with what I DIDN’T want and didn’t get pressured into making a snap decision either. I opted for shade NC30 and hope this will be good enough for my under eyes.
Most of what I bought this month are things I’ve used before and I know are well worth the money. Despite having used a lot of this stuff before I realise that I haven’t actually got any blog posts on my holy grail products so watch this space!
Shop this post