My least favourite season has got to be Summer. I would pick cosying up in Autumn with my oversized jumpers and hot chocolate any day over sweating away wondering when the sticky humidity will ever end! With my intolerance to the heat, I often find that it translates on to my blog and I lack the motivation to get on top of blogging. Boo!
Not so long ago, Sophie (@mydogblog09) put out a call on twitter for anyone who might want to do a collaboration. From what I can see there was an amazing response and she got back to us all with what she had in mind. How it works is that Sophie has given us a title/theme for the next few weeks based around Summer and it’s up to us how we interpret it in order to create a post around it. Sounds good right? In all honesty it’s given me the push I needed on being excited about blogging again and got my creative juices flowing. It’s not necessarily a direct collaboration but I hope that with all the different kinds of people working on this, I’ll get to see just how creative everyone is and can discover some brilliant new blogs. Who knows, maybe I’ll even make some new blogging buddies.
Since I’ve dismissed Summer completely earlier, I’m going to back track a little and talk about 5 things that I’ll be looking forward to this summer!
1. Ramadan & Eid – For me, this summer started off with a pretty special month. I’m currently joining billions of Muslims around the world and taking part in an entire month of fasting from sunrise to sunset. I’m about 3/4 of the way through and it’s been pretty challenging so far (to say the least) but I’ve loved it all the same. Once the month is over we have a huge celebration with family and friends, much like Christmas – only less turkey and more Biryani!
2. Savage Beauty – I am a huge fan of Alexander Mcqueen’s work. He was a seriously talented man and the fact that he’s from the very city that I’ve been born and bred makes his work even more special to me. I was so pleased to finally be able to get my hands on some tickets and I literally cannot wait to see his exhibition. Who knows it might even give me the push I’m looking for to start a fashion design course.
3. Barbecues – Real BBQ chicken is one of my most favourite things to eat. Last summer I’m pretty sure that’s all I lived on. This year, I’m cutting down on the chicken and planning on experimenting a whole lot more on the grill and in the kitchen in general. Jacket potatoes that are cooked on the barbequeue taste heavenly! Also a banana cooked with a flake in the middle is delicious too!!
4. Passing my driving test – I’m only halfway through with lessons but I’ve made it my aim to be ready for a test by the end of the summer. I am so excited to finally face my fears and get on to the road after about 8 years of fretting and serious anxiety from the thought of being on the road. Now I’, finally going for it and all I can say is bring it on!
5. Damzel In This Dress – Last but not least, how could I not be excited for the things to come on my blog this summer. I’ve already been so lucky enough to have some brilliant opportunities come my way and I cannot wait for what’s in store for the rest of the summer! Stay tuned and subscribe to my Bloglovin’ to never miss a post.
If you’ve enjoyed this read and are interested in what other bloggers are involved and how they’ve started their #WeBlogSummer marathon then check out these lovelies: @mrsludena ; @angieamericana ; and @Dani_Fenton
What are you most looking forward to this summer?